Sorry - had to add back the word verification - Spammed

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

It's April? Already?? Oh man!

Wow, I can't believe it's April showers already, time really flies these days. I was hoping for more time at home with her by now but we are enjoying every moment as they go by and watching her really start blooming into the person that she is. She's so independent already, holding her head up and moving around like she's just going to get up and walk out of no where.

Update on me... Still have a bit of the weepies, but all in all I am good. Bob asked me the other night "What were you feeling when you heard her cry for the first time after she came out of you? You were crying, why?" and of course, I cry just thinking about it. Just thanking God that she was alright, there is that constant worry when you are carrying that baby wondering if everything is alright and if your doing all you can to make sure they are the best they can be. I remember in the beginning Lindsy and I would talk about how we were both wrecks the week before we went to the Dr and calm just a few short days after, knowing we heard the heartbeat and checked out ok. Once things progressed enough, it was just making sure I could feel her move and move enough to "pass the tests" of 10 or more times so there was enough movement. Doing all you could, eating specific things to make them move and anything else that you could do to get them changing position when needed. Worry was most of the time, wondering if everything was in the right place and all was well. I just remember that moment when I heard the Dr. (because for a C they put this big screen in front of you so you can't see and your arms are out to the sides and you can't move) said, "Oh, now we know why she was not coming out, she's sunny side up" and I didn't hear anything and I sat there holding my breathe wondering what was going on and afraid to ask until I heard her cry, it was not much but it was enough and I could finally breathe again. That one big breath that just takes you away and gives you everything that you need all at once. I could not hold in the tears of joy and thankfulness all at once. What an amazing thing, that gift even if I could not get her out myself, she is here and she is good and healthy. Yup, you know I am crying again now... Thankful, just putting my baby down for the night, kissing her and holding her before she went to bed, I am thankful for today. I know she will be up at 11:00 or 11:30 and then again around 2 or 3 but I am thankful that she's here, she's her and she's great. Even if she does have Bob's toes... :D ok just a little giggle...

Bob's doing well, he went back to work today and all seems to be on track. I am glad of that, no news is good news right now. We can go for uneventful and be just fine. I would like to hear an update on Lindsey if anyone knows or if your reading Lindsey.... you hooo...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tricia and Bob... Happy Birthday to your new daughter Tayrn. What a doll !!! I just got the word, a little late, and then went in to read on your blog. The pictures are wonderful, she is as we all expected, absolutely beautiful. God blessed you so. My very best to you all, Elizabeth Syberg-Schmitt :)