Sorry - had to add back the word verification - Spammed

Monday, December 10, 2007

1968 The Georgian (Church Newsletter from Mom's House)

My Mom found this in the drawer in the living room (that room you were never suppose to go in because there was furniture in there that no one ever sat on and now it's all dusty and gross and she wants to know if you want it)yeah... that room...

What A Child Might Tell Us
Dear Mom, Dear Dad,
Don't Spoil me. I know quite well that I shouldn't have all that I ask for.
I'm only testing you.
Don't be afraid to be firm with me. I prefer it. It makes me feel you care about me and are protecting me.
Don't let me form bad habits. I have to rely on you to detect them in the early years.
Don't make me feel smaller than I am. It only makes me behave stupidly "big".
Don't punish me in front of other people if you can help it. I'll take much more notice if you talk quietly with me in private.
Don't be too upset with me when I say "I hate you". It isn't you I hate but your power to control me.
Don't take too much notice of my small ailments. Sometimes they get me the attention that I need.
Don't Nag. If you do, I'll have to protect myself by appearing deaf.
Don't forget that I can not explain myself as well as I would like. This is why I'm not always very accurate.
Don't make rash promises. Remember that I feel badly let down when promises are broken.
Don't tax my honesty too much. I am easily frightened into telling lies.
Don't be inconsistent. That confuses me and makes me lose faith in you.
Don't tell me my fears are silly. They are terribly real, and you can make me feel better if you try to understand.
Don't put me off when I ask questions. If you do, you will find that I stop asking and look for information somewhere else.
Don't ever suggest that you are perfect or never wrong. It gives me too great a shock when I discover that you are neither.
Don't ever think that it is beneath your dignity to apologize to me. An honest apology makes me feel surprisingly warm toward you.
Don't forget how quickly I am growing up. It must be very hard to keep up with how I am changing. But please do try.
Don't forget that I love experimenting, trying different things. I couldn't grow without it, so please put up with it.
Don't forget that I can't grow up healthy without lots of understanding and love. But I don't need to tell you that, do I?
With love,
Your Child

Cute - True.. works for now too, and I wish a lot more people would try to read that sometime instead of some of the junk out there.. This is more of what a child really needs...

1 comment:

krgans said...

Wow, that makes you think.... Thanks for sharing