Sorry - had to add back the word verification - Spammed

Thursday, June 12, 2008

My mind is a mouse trap...

Somehow I actually function during the day. Have you ever had one of those days where one thing leads to another that gets you to a point that you have no idea how you got there? This is the way I figure it, my mind is a mouse trap, not the easy ones that you pull the lever back and it catches some poor mouse (that we once had in my house and freaked me out) but the complex kind that keeps your mind moving.
Example. I need to go to the store and I need deodorant, the last two clicks this morning were almost dry so there's no time to wait, I can use my travel ones but not for long. I also need to get things for the babysitter and fathers day before this weekend. I need birthday cards, fathers day cards, graduation cards for fifth and eighth graders. Sounds simple enough right? Sounds like a quick jump to the store then a while in the card isle but all done in a matter of an hour? No!
This is my life. I need to go to the store, I am thinking this Wednesday's night, it's after nine and the baby is already in bed. I will go tomorrow, now the plan. Well, big daddy is planning on hanging with his pals Friday night so I will need to go on Thursday. Ok, that shortens things a bit, leave work, pick up miss thing, come home she will need a nap, see the neighbors new hair cuts before they leave for the lake, get dinner made, feed baby, then go to store, come home, give baths, clean kitchen, get pump ready, do laundry, fold laundry, get burp cloths ready for sitter, find out what miss t is wearing tomorrow, do the same for me, and decided if I have time to get gas tonight or after drop off to the sitter... hmm, crappy gas station coffee on a hot Friday morning? Sure, why not. Now, I want coffee, did you know that Starbucks makes chocolates now? I have not tried them but I would like to, and I really can't have that much caffeine either while breastfeeding, too much caffeine is bad for both of us anyway. How do people drink so much tea and complain about coffee drinkers? How do people give up coffee for tea anyway and think it's close to the same thing. How did I go my whole pregnancy not wanting coffee? Oh, there's a starbucks in Target... I need deodorant.



No comments: