Sorry - had to add back the word verification - Spammed

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Girls Shower Weekend!

I know it's about time. It's been a rough few weeks, I can't believe it's taken me this long! It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon, one of few we have had here and getting ready for a 45 mile drive was average, normal but I went from 3 others going with me to none. Jennifer was having some neck problems, Penny went to Stacey's to help out Judy and Bianca was sick (eeww) so I went alone. It was ok, I got to stop at Sonic and get myself a Strawberry limeade (YUM!) and instead of them putting the strawberry on the bottom, they put it over the crushed ice then the white soda. It was better than normal, so it started the day off right!
I got there, kind of early, but not really. It was so nice to see everyone and there was a little time to talk before I had to jump up and grab something to eat. Oh my gosh! Rye bread pizzas, these great cheese balls one was almond and caramel(I think?), and another that was roasted red pepper and something and they were awesome! Melissa made a veggie tray, and Angie got the dollar roll sandwiches that I love (hand put together of course!) Turkey, Ham, and chicken salad that she made her own by putting grapes on :D. (credit for ya there Ang!)
After eating I started opening gifts while everyone else held cute babies. It was so warm, I was sitting in the sunlight which made it warmer but Arica opened the windows for me. :D I don't have any of the pictures so you have to put up with mine and links.
Grandma Peggy (we can call her that here, she can't yell) got us the high chair that we are going to use for years and the CUTEST bath organizer ever called a Frog Pod! The back comes off the frog so you can scoop up all the toys and rinse them before hanging the back of the frog, (toys and all) back on the wall holder. Love it!
Rebekah and Aiden came (he's so cute!) - and got us the backpack that I wanted and seem to buy for everyone else these days. Karla got me addicted. The cutest butterfly toy that Bob could not put down cuz it plays one sound that sounds like "Der de der" and he says they have some skit on Saturday Night lives or something that does that. They also got us an outfit for the baby to wear on her first date with Aiden. Pink button down and cords, so cute!
Emilie and Kat (little baby Kat Aiden's current GF) got us our Auto Mirror that is so cute and soon to be installed, burps, storage bags and is so smart, got us Tylenol for when we start getting shots!
Abbie came cute as ever, aww to be 24 again - She got us mittens, bubble bath, rock a stack, and the cutest diaper wallet. (it will go with anything!) Abbie also wrote for me on the gifts. Thanks!
Stefanie came, no Adam, but it was nice to have pregnancy on my side (HA) - She and Adam are so cute, got us/Bob his first baby hippie onsie and deady bear.
Chris was there too! Not that she won any prize for easiest drive - She got us the cutest storage box that's almost full now. I will take a picture of it soon but it's so cute and currently holding things that need to go in a scrap book (Gulp, yes make fun now, I don't have one yet) but I do have a really cute green one that opens fun and it matches the one the neighbors got if I need to use that first)
Diane and Mia came- Mia is such a great helper, I need to get the pictures from Angie so I can show you how cute she is. She didn't leave my side and Grandma Sandy almost had her talked into keeping every piece of paper and ribbon! Diane and Mia got the baby some of the cutest outfits and who could be surprised because Miss Mia Montana has one matching one! They also got us a headband that is so cute! Diane's friend owns a shop where they are sold and look at some of the other things there. Too cute!
Patti was there, I was so glad to see her, I have missed her - She made us a bib, got us a care bear, the cutest tennis shoes, a onsie, a cute keepsake book, and a Kleenex box that she and Betty worked on. It was touching, I don't know why everyone feels the need to make me cry in public thou?
Grandma Sandy looks great, I miss seeing her and having her yell at me for wearing shoes or a jacket - She had a theme with her gift, we got a binky thermometer, Tylenol and Motrin, sun shades for the car, a first aid kid and a grooming kit. Healthy!
I wish Debbie would have come but Melissa scared her - kidding, she had other plans - Debbie got us the softest blanket ever (in white) that says baby Girl on it, really cute pooh shoes that go with a lot of our outfits, and a bunny safety blanket.
Melissa and Jenny went in to get our MATTRESS! Which I must say Melissa hand tested in the store by LAYING ON THEM! She decided to call me while running around with Debbie deciding which one they liked best! Too funny! She also got us sheets, another bink thermometer (runs in the family) and brought a bag of clothes that day and I went down there and got two more tubs of clothes later!
Molly and Mhena (could she get any cuter!) were there too! - They got us a photo book, baby Einstein outfit and rattle socks, a blanket (the super soft carters ones) and burp cloths!
Grandma Billye got us a Dr. Browns (the best if you ask Melissa) bottles pack.
Sara could not make it but she and Adam got us this cute bear security blanket, the cutest outfit set that I can't find to show so I will have to take a picture later, came with blankets, burp/wash cloths, shoes (pink and brown) and onsies. Oh, I hope they go next, or soon, maybe there will be a blond baby soon, but it could be another red.
Beth came with Tracey - sisters in law, but Beth and I grew up together. It was funny, I had this random memory of when I was young and I must have had a friend that lived up the street because I remember my brother Mark walking me there and for some reason I thought we were going to Beth's house and she lived at least 2 to 3 miles away and he was young enough that we were walking.. Just funny, I don't know why I remember that) Beth got us Diapers (newborn we needed those) burp cloths that the twins next door would be proud of, the other of my Bubble Baths, Butt Paste! and Tracey got us this really cute digital photo fame that's a key chain and one of our favorite Lamaze toys!
Cocoa! Colette came and like a champ/Hero - Got the cake at the last minute! She also got the work shower together and still got me the best bottles (My opinion now) that you can use. Born Free Bottles they are safe plastic and that means a lot to me right now.
Erin was there kid free (wow) - She brought with her a cute sun bag, clothes, burp cloths, home proofing items, and what Abbie called "a bag of Girl".
Kelly was there looking cute as ever! She bot 5 different outfits that are all super cute. Carters and will be perfect this summer!
Elsa (my Messaging buddy) was there and carried everything out to the car for me (I must say first) she got starter nipples for my Born Free bottles, a baby bento box, spoons and carrier for the spoons, and THE diaper bag that matches the car seat, stroller and pack n play. LOVE IT! We even think alike! (Theme Gift #2 Super Cute)
Aunt Judy was sick :( and could not make it but sent Timmy who was a super cute helper and great with John! She also sent this off road stroller that will help a lot when we can go hiking again!
Kathy B didn't make it either but she sent a gift card that helped get our Changing table!
Sarah came and before breaking her big 16 week news- got us some stroller latches and the Tub side Kneeler
Arica and Angie (yea, sure best for last) bought EVERYTHING and then some. As my family would say and threw in the kitchen sink! They got the cutest baskets (that I went back and bought 3 more sets) and a hamper (that is filled with blankets from Arica), my favorite solid food starter kit, Aveeno bath stuff (that has even gotten rid of my dry skin, LOVE Aveeno!), a five piece Pooh summer set with a hat, toys, breast pads, cream, clippers, home made blankets from Grandma and from Dawn's mom (that Grandma Sandy had to be checked at the door for before she left!) (Directions to come, gift from Arica), and now I am losing my mind and can't remember anything else. Abbie put Baskets o'Girl so it's possible I am missing a lot and will be updating soon!
Whew.. Did I mention this is a multi post weekend? It is, there will be at lest one more if not two more posts. Bob's plan is to take the doors down tomorrow to re-mount. Cross your fingers!

No comments: